- 2 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 1 handful of radish sprouts (optional)
- 2 medium yellow potatoes peeled and sliced paper thin
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 radishes chopped
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 sm. Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 andouille sausages (sweet Italian or whatever is your favorite)
- 2 T. mayo
- 2T red wine vinegar
- 2 T sweet and tart mustard (I used old cape cod cranberry mustard) Use your favorite – sweet and tart, sweet and hot
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- Melt the butter and add the minced garlic.
- Add the carrot, radishes, onion, and cucumber to the shredded cabbage.
- Mix the mayo, red wine vinegar, and mustard. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss well.
- Put in the fridge to cool.
- Turn on the grill.
- Toss the potato slices with the olive oil and salt.
- Put in a grill pan to grill or broil in the oven. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Grill the sausage. When done slice open (in half lengthwise) so it will lay flat on the bun.
- Butter the bun slices and put on the grill just long enough to get char marks – don’t let it get dry and crusty.
- Assemble the sandwich.
- Sprinkle sprouts on bun.
- Put the potato slices on top of the sprouts.
- Top that with the slaw.
- Then put the sausage on top of the slaw.
- Put the top bun half and top – and here’s dinner!
I personally like my sandwich with a beer. You can use grilled chicken or a white fish instead of the sausage if you like. Great Sunday night dinner!