- Spinach, broccoli greens, kale (I usually allow 1 large handful of greens per person- the variety is up to
- ½ Cup Feta cheese
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Red onion sliced into rings
- 1 Hakurei turnip (chopped into small cubes)
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ – ½ cup orange blossom honey
- Wash the greens and cut into bite sized pieces and put in salad bowl
- Top with the pomegranate seeds, onion slices, chopped turnip, and feta cheese
- Whisk the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and honey together. Hint – if you measure the olive oil first and then the honey, the honey will slide out of the measuring cup very easily.
- Sprinkle just enough dressing on salad to wet everything and toss! Any extra dressing can be saved for tomorrow’s salad.
Hakurei turnips can be eaten raw or cooked – not what you think of when you think turnips) These may be difficult to find- but well worth the search. I get them from a girl at a farmer’s market.
Save the rest of the pomegranate seeds for your morning juice drink or another salad