- 1 organic potato sliced as thin as possible
- 4 thin slices of onion (separate the rings)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pablano pepper (or pepper of your choice)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes sliced into thirds
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 egg
- Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon organic lard (could use olive oil)
- Heat an iron skillet on high (I used a small 9-inch skillet)
- Add lard, allow to melt
- Lay potato slices in bottom of skillet
- Spread onion rings around the pan on top of potato
- Sprinkle pepper evenly around skillet
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (about a teaspoon of each)
- Allow to cook until beginning to brown, then flip potatoes, onions, peppers
- Cook until beginning to brown on the other side
- Top everything with a layer of spinach
- Spread the tomato slices around the skillet
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly around the skillet
- Crack an egg in the middle
- Cover with a lid and put in oven at 350
- When the egg is done – enjoy – serve in the skillet – be sure to use a hot pad to handle the skillet and to set it on.
This was a skillet for one. If you have 2 skillets and are cooking for 2 – great. Just do the exact same thing with the second skillet. If you have a larger skillet and are cooking for 2 or 3 – just increase all the ingredients and put into the larger skillet. Crack the eggs so they each have their own little area, the recipe can then be divided and served on plates.
In the picture, you will notice the egg is totally done (no runny center). I actually got distracted by a phone call. This would be perfect for my daughter who likes her eggs cooked with a hard center. I prefer a runny center. You will have to check your skillet to see how quickly the egg is cooking to make sure it comes out the way you prefer.
Obviously, if everyone isn’t on the same page with the doneness of the eggs you will have to prepare each separately.