- 2 medium sized cucumbers (I prefer pickling cucumbers) sliced
- 1/3-1/2 feta cheese (with Mediterranean spices)
- 1/2 cup radish sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- Slice the cucumbers and arrange on a plate.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the cucumbers.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Top with the radish sprouts.
- Add the salt and pepper.
For some reason, my husband, who hates cucumbers really likes this recipe.
I’m guessing it’s all in the cucumber! Last year we grew pickling cucumbers and they were really sweet.
I found out later that cucumbers do best when growing next to sunflowers.
Quite by accident, the birds had dropped some sunflower seeds from the feeder and I let them grow and bloom! If you aren’t into growing cucumbers you can get pickling cucumbers at the farmers market. They are smaller, not as smooth as salad cucumbers, and a little lighter green. The merchant will be able to tell you whether or not they are pickling cucumbers.
The same recipe can be used to make cucumber appetizer bites. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out the middle and chop. Mix this chopped cucumber with the cheese and the olive oil (to hold it together). Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and mix it all together. Fill the center of the cucumber halves and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.