- 1 piece salmon (I like Alaskan salmon –– just under ¾ lb)
- 2 cups Mixed greens
- 2 cups Kale (sliced away from ribs and then chopped or sliced into ribbons)
- 3 small Multi colored carrots thinly sliced (regular carrots are fine, I like the added color of red, white, and orange carrots)
- ¼ – ½ cup Olives ( I used mixed, you can use just Kalamata olives)
- ½ Avocado sliced
- ½ cup Blackberries
- 1 Red onion (½ sliced thin, ½ minced or grated)
- 2 large radishes thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon thinly sliced
- 5 Tablespoons Olive oil (2 for the salmon, 3 for the dressing
- 1 Tablespoon mustard ( I used a sweet/hot mustard – Dijon would be ok too)
- 9 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I used Braggs)
- Put the salmon in a dish and pour 2 T. olive oil over it.
- Sprinkle the grated onion on top of the salmon.
- Spread the sliced onions and lemons on top.
- Set it aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes (an hour would be better, turn it over after 30 minutes).
- Divide the lettuce and kale between two bowls or plates.
- Add the sliced onions, radishes, blackberries, olives, carrots, avocado.
- Light the grill and let it heat up for a few minutes (5-10 depending on your grill.
- Mix 9 Tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 Tablespoon mustard, and 3 Tablespoons olive oil to make the salad dressing. (I usually put all the ingredients in a coffee cup and blend it with a mini wisk – a fork works also).
- Put the salmon on the grill (onions and lemons also – even though they may fall through the grates).
- When it is flaky – it is done (you may prefer a little less done – that is your choice).
- Divide the salmon into two portions and place a piece on each salad.
- Pour the dressing over each salad.
Serve with garlic bread and a glass of wine and you have a wonderful dinner! Bon appétit!