- 1 avocado halved, seed discarded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 green onions sliced (including green part)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup of blackberries or fruit of your choice (1/4 cup for each person)
- Toast (if desired)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Flatten the bottom of the Avocado so it will rest on the baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Set each half in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet.
- Crack an egg and drop into the cavity formed by the seed (if your egg is large you may have to scoop out a little of the avocado.
- You can eat it later, butter your toast with it, or put it into a small baking dish along with any extra egg.
- Top it all with salt and pepper and the green onions.
- Bake it in the oven until your egg reaches the doneness you prefer. If you like a hard yolk it will take a little longer. Just keep an eye on it.
- Serve with toast and fruit.
I have seen pictures of this breakfast for a long time and just wasn’t quite sure I wanted to try it.
I am so glad I did. It was amazing. My husband was a little skeptical when it started out, but ended up raving about it.
If you like things spicy you can always add a little sriracha hot sauce when serving. Actually, the condiments you want to add are totally up to you. Pretty much anything goes.
I had really large eggs so I put the extra egg white and avocado into a small ramekin and baked it at the same time.